The One - John Marrs
- Overall Mom Rating: 10/10
- Genre: Psychological Thriller
- Review: The premise of the book is we all have 1 DNA Match for true love and the story follows multiple characters through their experience with their matches. Murder, love, and tragedy make this book hard to put down.
- Final Thoughts: You won’t want to put it down!
Who Do You Love - Jennifer Weiner
- Overall Mom Rating: 5/10
- Genre: Love Story
- Review: The story follows 2 characters from the time they meet as children and throughout their life as their love story unfolds. The plot is cute and you are rooting for the characters but some storylines were so far fetched that it was hard to stay engaged. Jennifer Weiner’s book are hits or misses for me and this one was a miss.
- Final Thoughts: If you love Lifetime Movies, you will love this book.
Ask Again, Yes - Mary Beth Keane
- Overall Mom Rating: 2/10
- Genre: Dramatic Fiction
- Review: The story follows the main characters from their childhood into adulthood as they overcome a tragedy that changes their lives. It is a slow build and never really hits a climax.
- Final Thoughts: The characters are well developed but it was a sleeper for me.
No More Words - Kerry Lonsdale
- Overall Mom Rating: 7/10
- Genre: Family Drama
- Review: This story follows the main character as she tries to locate her estranged sister after her son shows up unannounced and non-verbal at her house. This one kept my attention and was definitely a good read! I was disappointed with unanswered questions at the end, but just learned it's the first book of a series so need to check out the next book!
- Final Thoughts: If you read a lot this one is worth checking out, if you struggle to find time to read I'd skip it.
The Paper Palace - Miranda Cowley Heller
- Overall Mom Rating: 9/10
- Genre: Love Story/Family Drama
- Review: I loved this one! Really great writing and character development. I found myself simultaneously rooting for and mad at the main character, which is always a good sign. This book follows the past and current life of the main character as she chooses between her husband and childhood love.
- Final Thoughts: SO GOOD! Would be a great book club read as the ending leaves lots to discuss. A longer read, but worth it.