My son has been nearly off the chart in height and in the lowest percentiles for weight since he was 2 so I'm constantly on the hunt for pants that won't fall off his hips without being highwaters. It's been a long 2 years of trial and error and lots of returns/donations but here is my list of the best options for lanky boys!
1. Zara - Zara is hands down my favorite for pants for Gavin. They have great length, good stretch, and an adjustable waistband. My favorites are the Basic Skinny Jeans (they come in a bunch of colors and are around $20) and the Super Elastice Skinny Jeans (only available in size 6 and up but they work for Gavin's height!) Love them paired with his Midwest Tee!
2. H&M - You can't beat the price on these jeans especially for active little guys. They're a great length and the adjustable waistband is an added bonus! Snag a 3 pack for some backup pairs when your little guy inevitably tears up the knees at the park! The H&M Slim fit twill pants are a similar cut and awesome for kiddos who don't like jeans!
3. Miki Miette - I discovered this brand back when I was at Mac & Mia and it is my absolute fave for joggers and comfy, casual pieces for littles! Their elevated basics are perfect for everyday wear! I love these Cory Joggers; they run long and slim, perfect for my string bean!
4. Children's Place (Amazon) - I recently needed some new pants quickly for Gavin (he refuses to wear them if they get the tiniest of holes in them) so I turned to Amazon for a quick delivery. I got these skinny chinos and was pleasantly surprised! They are a little baggier than I would like but they are easy to dress up or down and the gray works well with everything!
5. Cat & Jack (Target) - Cat & Jack has surprisingly good jeans for the price! I love the vintage medium wash and have bought them for the past 2 years for Gavin.
All of these options pair perfectly with our Back to School Collection!